As a membership organisation, VNET’s sole purpose is to support its members and we pride ourselves on responding to their needs. To make the most of this unique asset, we ask our members regularly, what is your ‘need of the moment’? Then we respond to the most requested ‘need’ with a webinar, set of resources or practical support for members to access as quickly as we possibly can!
Response from Heads has been great, “Just wanted to say what a brilliant idea this is!” Norfolk Primary Head.
This month the members top needs included;
- Support around remote delivery of learning
- The recovery curriculum
- Information about the national tutoring programme.
Our response was:
- Remote Learning: DeputyMitchell will run a series of free Remote Learning Workshops on 19 January 2021, Join DeputyMitchell for a series of creative and effective webinars as he explores new tools to ensure your remote (and classroom!) learning excites, engages and empowers your learners. During the day he will run four sessions covering Google Classrooms, Social Media, Padlet and Jotcast. Sessions are available to book individually. Session 1 Google Classroom (9.00 – 10.30 am) Session 3 Google Classroom (12.45 – 2.15 pm), Session 2 – Social Media, 10.45 am – 12.15 pm Session 4 – Padlet and Jotcast, 2.30 – 4.00 pm
- Recovery Curriculum: Barry Carpenter CBE, OBE, PhD will join the Curriculum Update session on 20 January 2021 to talk specifically about the Recovery Curriculum construct, particularly in relation to evidence for the Ofsted survey, evidence from the Schools Partnership, and emerging resources. More details will follow but you can book now. Book here
- Catch-up Strategy: Alex Rawlings (Headteacher at Quarry Bank Primary School in Dudley, West Midlands) will join the Leadership Forum on 13 January 2021 to share his catch up strategy and convene a conversation around effective catch-up plans. Book here
- National Tutoring Programme: Ten answers to ten FAQs about the programme. Locally, our partners at Norwich Research School are part of the group that has formed Schools Partnership Tutors.