(Last Updated 18th September 2018)
Viscount Nelson Education Network CIC (VNET) is a community interest company limited by guarantee which exists to help improve education and opportunities for young people. VNET respects our customers’ privacy. This policy explains how we use information about you and how you can instruct us if you wish to limit the use of your information.
The company can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
The Enterprise Centre, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ
VNET processes personal data on the basis of contractual obligation to subscribers, usually schools, academies, trusts, local authorities and other organisations which purchase subscriptions to our services, or consultancy services, or places at our training courses and events. VNET is the data controller for the data you provide.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you register to use our services and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Processing Regulations 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is Viscount Nelson Education Network CIC (UK company registration number 10595877).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information which you provide by filling in forms on our website www.viscountnelson.net (our site) or which you provide to us via phone or email when booking a course, arranging an appointment or ordering a service. Normally this information consists of your name, job title, email address, contact phone number and your school name and address. You may sometimes choose to provide an alternative contact address, such as your home address. If we are providing catering at an event we may ask you about your dietary preferences.
- Depending on the course booking or service required we may ask you to provide information about other related courses you have attended or our other services you have used.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may record details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data. This data is stored anonymously and we use it to improve our online services.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information for system optimisation. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
- Information which you provide to us when we are providing a contracted service. The nature of this information will depend upon the service provided, but may include training records or performance reports.
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all e.g. responses to individual enquiries. Other emails we send include tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our website. In some emails we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on links in the email.
Who can see your data
VNET works with associates, partners and suppliers who help provide our services and training courses. If an associate, partner or supplier is providing a service or training course on our behalf they will have access to specific items of your personal data, namely:
- your name and email address
- the school(s) / academies / trust at which you work or with which you are associated
- any course or service specific information you may have provided such as your job title or previous courses attended.
- All our associates, partners and suppliers are only given access to your data to enable them to fulfil their contractual obligation to deliver the specified service or training course to you. We do not give them permission to retain or use your personal data for any other purpose and they will need to seek your consent if they wish to use your data for any other purpose.
Where we store your personal data
Your personal data is stored in our customer relationship management system, our accounting system, our filing system and our booking systems. These systems are operated by subcontractors who are subject to our data retention and protection requirements. We are able to remove your data from their systems on request and they do not have the right to use or transfer your data for any other purpose.
How we use your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the services or training that you have ordered, or the services to which you have subscribed.
- To provide you with information about the network groups in which you participate or intend to participate.
- To submit invoices and collect payment for the services that you are using.
- To send you information about the renewal of services to which you subscribe.
How long we retain your data
We retain your personal data for up to three years following your most recent use of our services unless you request earlier removal.
How to control and amend your information
At any time you can review, delete or change the information you have provided by contacting us at email@example.com
VNET does not sell or trade personal information with third parties. Your personal information will not be used for automated profiling.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We do not sell or trade your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will inform you and seek your consent before collecting or using your data if we ever intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, suppliers, associates, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org