Governor Forum – Summer
Tuesday, May 7, 2024 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This governor forum will be led by Nick Butt, VNET Associate. He will be explaining the importance of school websites and how to ensure that they give the right impression of the school to prospective parents and Ofsted inspectors. Covering all statutory requirements he will also give tips about how they can make the biggest impact and what governors need to post on the website.
Governors will leave feeling better informed about the importance of the school website as well as understanding what is needed for maximum impact.
The governor forum is a vibrant group that meets termly, with often 60 plus governors in attendance at each session. It is a safe space to get to know fellow governors and share queries and problems. Governors drive the topics, we often discuss examples of practice that works well and don’t work at all! The sessions are led by Nania Poulson, VNET’s Operations Director and previous Co-Chair of Governors at Heigham Community Federation.
The forum will:
- Provide a strong network of support for governors
- Be driven by the needs of the network
- Give governors the opportunity to share good practice
- Help governors keep up to date with an ever-changing educational landscape
- Focus on a pre-agreed hot topic, such as governor roles, effective monitoring, meeting structures and Ofsted preparation.