The Reading Professional Community will be facilitated and supported by Emma Adcock, Director of Training and Research.
The Reading Professional Community will:
- Support leaders in the identification of priority reading objectives, which need to be secured, from prior year groups before new content can be taught
- Support leaders in the leadership and best practice in the teaching of Phonics across the school
- Unpick the reading curriculum from Y1 to Y6
- Focus on the three strands of vocabulary, retrieval and inference
- During sessions, subject leaders will be provided with a piece of professional reading linked to the focus of the session.
Each session will also include an opportunity to network with other subject leaders and to showcase resources that are working well to support the teaching of English.