- To upskill TAs to a level where their impact can be measured
across the classroom and curriculum.
- To enable TAs to effectively support learning in both English and
- To understand how to use questioning and formative assessment
strategies to identify gaps and to check that gaps are closing.
- The pupils that Teaching Assistants support will become more
proficient in English and Mathematics.
- Intervention sessions provided by Teaching Assistants will be
sharply focused on addressing gaps in learning and will enable
pupils to catch up with their peers.
- Monitoring by senior leaders will demonstrate both qualitative and
quantitative improvements from baseline assessments.
- The series consists of 10 sessions, including an introduction session and an evaluation session which the class teacher and member of SLT are invited to attend.
- The sessions will be delivered monthly via Zoom across the year.
- Access to a bank of useful supporting resources will be available for each unit to allow personal learning to turn instantly into professional practice.
- Practical and experiential gap tasks will be set and reviewed with the programme tutor and peers, creating a learning network.
An introductory session for the TA, class teacher and headteacher to outline course expectations and to allow linkage with performance management and SDIP
Supporting Reading Comprehension
CPA in Maths
Questioning in Maths
Supporting Vocabulary Instruction
Assessment for Learning Strategies
A session for the TA and class teacher along with headteacher or member of SLT to evaluated impact.
1 to 1
A one hour 1-to-1 session for the TA with Emma Adcock to support the programme.
CPD to transform practice
Prior knowledge of delegates will be captured in advance of each session to ensure that each session meets the needs of all participating schools.
In every session, opportunities will be provided for guided practice under the support of a skilled practitioner. Gap tasks will be set at the end of each session, which require participants to practice the modelled techniques in their own settings.
Explain & Elaborate
In every session, opportunities will be provided for participants to draw upon their observations and reflections following the gap task.
Opportunities will be built into every session for participants to evaluate the success of the
modelled strategies on learners.