- This event has passed.
Teaching Phonics Spectacularly Well! Session 1 of 4
Thursday, September 30, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
With so many children with post pandemic gaps, and Early Reading high up on the Ofsted agenda, there can be no better time to become an expert in teaching Phonics. This series of 1.5 hour webinars will provide you with everything you need to teach Phonics and 1-1 reading SPECTACULARLY WELL!
In this series of four webinars, led by Emma Adcock and Emma Spiers (The Learning Lady), the following topics will be covered:
- Revising prior learning and making phonics learning stick in the long-term memory
- Best strategies for practicing blending and segmenting.
- Enabling pupils to apply their new learning in reading and writing activities.
- Dissecting the 1:1 reading process and knowing how to choose well matched texts to support children at the point of reading.
Each webinar will include:
- Practical demonstrations of super simple strategies- which really work.
- Effective explanations matched with hands-on suggestions.
- Lots of easy ideas to try straight away- your class will love them.
- Heaps of supporting resources to download to help you get started.
- Q and A opportunities with an expert.
EYFS and KS1 teachers, NQT, RQT.
- To develop an understanding of the acquisition of phonological awareness and progression within the phonic phases 1-5
- To develop confidence in planning and delivering high-quality phonics lessons.
- To develop strategies for supporting children’s application across the curriculum.
- To apply phonic subject knowledge to be able to plan and deliver the teaching sequence confidently.
- To apply to support pupils in application of phonics across the curriculum.
- To know how best to support children during 1:1 reading sessions.
Session 2: Thursday 7 October 2021, 4.00 – 5.30 pm
Session 3: Thursday 14 October 2021, 4.00 – 5.30 pm
Session 4: Thursday 21 October 2021, 4.00 – 5.30 pm