- This event has passed.
Teaching Greater Depth Reading in Key Stage 2
Thursday, February 9, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In this course, Emma Adcock will draw on her extensive knowledge of how to teach reading comprehension.
Using techniques embedded in research, she will provide practical approaches to improve children’s comprehension and stretch your most able readers.
Whilst aimed at supporting and extending the most able readers in your class, all the ideas in this session can be used across the ability range to help all children engage with texts deeply.
This course is suitable for teachers in Year 6 and English leads. This will help Year 6 teachers prepare children to achieve greater depth reading at the end of KS2.
- To establish what it means to read with greater depth.
- To consider the range of knowledge and strategies displayed by advanced readers.
- To provide exemplification of how to stretch your most able readers.
- To consider the questions that will stretch your most able readers.
Teachers will leave this session:
- Knowing how to support children to read at the higher standard.
- Knowing and understanding the best practice for the classroom.