Successful Difficult Conversations – Session 2 of 3
Friday, March 4, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Being a senior leader in school following a global pandemic is an extremely challenging role. Sonia Gill, Director of Heads Up, is offering a series of three sessions to give you all the tools to put you on the right track for success. These sessions represent fantastic value for training that VNET members have found invaluable in the past.
These sessions will help senior leaders to strike a balance between setting high expectations for the school whilst offering the leadership, support, and kindness staff need to ensure the school is thriving.
Session 2: Successful Difficult Conversations
If you don’t like conflict but know it’s a necessary part of being a school leader then this “Successful Difficult Conversations” training day is for you.
A successful difficult conversation is kind and leads to positive change, but most of us suffer from some common problems:
- Ever had a difficult conversation and the person hasn’t heard what you were telling
- Ever rehearsed a conversation, or re-lived, re-played even re-invented it afterwards?
- Ever had someone say all the right things and you’ve known they won’t do any of
Then this day will help you.
We will teach you and your team skills to make your difficult conversations successful by
- How to ensure your message is heard
- Manage the emotions so your conversation stays on track
- Structure the conversation so you resolve the issue quickly
Audience: Headteachers, deputy heads, senior leaders
Objective: Learn the core skills to make difficult conversations successful, so you can tackle issues as they happen and with greater confidence.
A recording of the session and resources will be available for your use in school.
VNET Members: The cost per session is £150+VAT or £400+VAT or 4 credits for all three sessions.
Non-members: The cost per session is £225+VAT.
Use the webinar booking link below to book session 2.
Book sessions 1 and 3 individually using these links:
- Session 1: Breaking the Glass Ceiling of Good – Thursday 3 February, 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Session 3: Kindly and Effectively Tackling Under-Performance in Schools –
Thursday 21 April 2022, 9.30 am – 3:00 pm