Steps to Success in Y6 Maths
Tuesday, October 18, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This two-part online course provides an essential guide to maximising success in mathematics for your Year 6 cohort.
Delegates will look in-depth at the KS2 curriculum, identifying the high-value areas and consider carefully the long-term plan for ensuring curriculum coverage of all areas of maths, reflecting on past SATs papers and preparing your children to sit the tests with confidence.
The course is full of ideas, insights and resources to take away and use in the classroom
- To explore the year 6 curriculum, taking into account the whole KS2 curriculum and the impact this can have on the SATs tests.
- Explore what effective intervention can look like in Year 6.
- Investigate the different question types and the skills required to answer these.
- To develop an understanding of the key themes and principles of the maths curriculum.
- To consider ways to develop fluency, reasoning and problem solving to ensure success.