Steps to Success in Y2 Maths
Monday, October 17, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on Monday, October 17, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This two-part online course, led by Becky Clinton who is a maths associate for VNET as well as a lead KS1 moderator for Norfolk, provides an essential guide to maximising success in mathematics in the end of Key Stage 1 assessments.
Delegates will look in-depth at the KS1 curriculum, ensuring understanding, and identifying how the learning objectives link to the teacher assessment frameworks. Time will be given to reflect on the teacher assessment framework and take a look at SATs papers and identify the high priority areas.
The course is full of ideas, insights and resources to take away and use in the classroom.
- To explore the year 2 curriculum, taking into account the whole KS1 curriculum and the impact this can have on the SATs tests.
- Unpick what has been learnt from previous teacher assessment cycles and statutory moderation.
- Explore what effective intervention can look like in Year 2.
- Investigate the different question types and the skills required to answer these.
- Teachers to feel confident in teaching the KS1 maths curriculum.
- Teachers to understand the statutory assessment procedures for KS1 and the purpose of moderation.