Teaching Shared Writing in KS2 spectacularly well
Tuesday, February 28, 2023 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This training session is for KS2 teachers and English Leaders, wanting to improve the act of modelling writing in their schools.
Shared Writing is often referred to in a number of ways: shared writing, modelled writing and guided writing. It can be very difficult to know the difference between each of them. This webinar aims to unpick that confusion and this session will exemplify best practice.
It is widely agreed that shared writing is one of the main ways that we can improve pupils’ writing.
As teachers, it gives us the opportunity to model our expectations; to provide pupils with clear examples of how we can weave essential grammatical knowledge into our writing. Over time, the expectation is for pupils to become more independent with their writing, so that they become more confident, skilful writers.
The range of decisions faced by the novice writer at the point of writing can seem formidable! Shared and Guided writing enable teachers to support pupils by scaffolding some of these decisions.
Attendance at this webinar will ensure that teachers can model writing confidently in their classrooms.
- To understand the concept of mastery in the writing curriculum.
- To know the NC age-expectations in writing for KS2.
- To know how to structure shared writing and guided writing lessons in their classrooms.
- Participants will know and understand best practice in shared writing practices.
- Participants will know how to structure a shared writing and a guided writing lesson.
- Participants will take away ideas to use in their classrooms.