- This event has passed.
Presentation Skills – Communicating Under Pressure with Sophie Bevan (am)
Wednesday, July 6, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Whether you dislike public speaking, hate interviews or are expected to conduct a deep-dive under the new Ofsted Framework, this half-day workshop on will supercharge your presentation skills and improve your powers of persuasion.
Sophie Bevan is a communication and personal development coach who has worked with over 350 schools in the past decade. Previously Sophie worked as a professional actor working both in TV and theatre. Her specialism is improving communication under pressure and securing the ‘buy in’ when verbal communication counts at the highest level. Sophie offers some simple tools and techniques that will enable you to feel more comfortable when speaking under the spotlight, whether this is to a small or large group.
- Marabian theory on communication. ‘It’s not what you say but how you say it’. Importance of body language and tone as this can affect how our words are heard
- What engaging energy looks like when we are communicating under pressure
- Introducing a content structure that helps our messages land with impact and are memorable
- Practise bridging the ‘perception gap’, how we come across and how we think we come across
- Authenticity, key to getting our messages heard
- Interview techniques, making your answers memorable and persuasive.