- This event has passed.
Planning a Strong Primary RE Curriculum – Christine Counsell
Monday, May 9, 2022 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This session will explain and illustrate the how and why of building a knowledge-rich, rigorous, diverse RE curriculum. Christine will set out the relationship between knowledge, literacy and raising the attainment of the disadvantaged pupil. She will explain why Ofsted is focused on the four words of scope, rigour, coherence and sequencing, and she will give examples of effective planning which address both substantive and disciplinary knowledge in RE. Christine will also explain key aspects of Ofsted’s research review on RE and its implications for high quality primary RE curricula.
Primary leaders and teachers.
- See above.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- know why rigour and diversity in a primary RE curriculum matter;
- understand the relationship between knowledge, literacy and raising the attainment of the disadvantaged pupil;
- recognise features which give a primary RE curriculum scope, rigour and coherence;
- be able to analyse the role of content sequencing;
- understand the difference between substantive and disciplinary knowledge in RE.