- This event has passed.
New to Subject Leadership and Preparing for a Deep Dive
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Are you a teacher who has just taken on a subject leader’s role for the first time? Or do you have a new subject leader in your school who you want to be effective in their role quickly?
This session will support teachers stepping up to subject leadership! Through the course of an extended morning, participants will explore topics such as understanding their role alongside the responsibilities that come with it. It will also cover the importance of how curriculum, monitoring and evaluation and effective action planning build evidence to support improvements as well as a Deep Dive.
By the end of the course new leaders will be able to embark on this next phase of their career with increased confidence and understanding.
- To understand the key roles and responsibilities of a subject leader
- To understand the difference between monitoring and evaluation of your subject and be provided with the tools to undertake the role
- To understand the mechanism of an Ofsted Deep Dive with the Education Inspection Framework and the subject leaders’ role within it
- To understand how to create an effective Action Plan that will drive progress in your subject and report on progress to stakeholders.
- Participants will have the opportunity to develop their understanding of the role of a subject leader so that they can begin to undertake responsibility quickly on return to school
- Participants will be able to begin to monitor and evaluate effectively and in turn prepare for an Ofsted Deep Dive.
The course is led by Ruth McGlone, ex-headteacher with extensive leadership experience.