New to Subject Leadership – Session 1 of 3
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Are you new to subject leadership? Do you want to develop new skills to help you in this new role? This three-session course, led by Ruth McGlone, is designed to provide new or recently appointed subject leaders with the essentials for getting to grips with their new role.
These sessions will focus on: Effective Subject Leadership, Tools to support Monitoring and Evaluation, Action Planning and subject leadership under the Ofsted Inspection Framework.
For colleagues who will be taking on a subject leadership role for the first time.
This session is suitable for colleagues taking on a core subject or a non-core role.
- To understand the key roles, responsibilities of a subject leader and relate these to the latest frameworks and teaching standards.
- To understand how to create an effective action plan that will drive progress for your subject and take the first steps in achieving this.
- To practise providing constructive feedback and explore how to motivate and inspire those around you.
- To provide delegates with ideas and resources that they can use to monitor and evaluate their subject.
- As a result of attending this course, delegates will be well-prepared for the role of subject leadership.
- Training will enable delegates to prioritise their work; understand their role and ensure they are prepared to develop their subject with a key focus on pupil outcomes.
Session 2: Thursday 4 November 2021, 4.00 – 5.00 pm
Session 3: Thursday 18 November 2021, 4.00 – 5.00 pm
Recordings of the sessions and resources will be available for your use in school.
This course is for VNET Members only.
The booking confirmation will be sent to the booker only, unless otherwise specified.