New to Performance Management
Thursday, September 23, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The responsibility of conducting staff performance management is a significant and sometimes daunting aspect of headship, particularly if you are new to the leadership role. How do you establish protocols and design useful paperwork? How do you support colleagues in conducting a review? How do you ensure that objectives are appropriately challenging and measurable? This session, led by our Education Director, Sonia Innes, is designed to give assurance and confidence in undertaking staff reviews and evaluation.
Headteachers and governors.
- To consider the school’s approach to performance management in line with their performance management policy and government expectations.
- To understand the link between school improvement and performance management and ways in which this can be most supportive for staff.
- To look at the target setting process.
- To reflect on positive strategies in approaching a performance management review meeting.
- Understand their role within the performance management process.
- Be able to develop an approach that is in line with their school policy.
- Have thought about how to develop targets appropriate to individuals.
- Consider different ways of developing performance.
- Have a secure idea of the sequence of a performance management review meeting and strategies to ensure they are successful.
A recording of the session and resources will be available for your use in school.
This course is for VNET Members only.
The booking confirmation will be sent to the booker only, unless otherwise specified.