- This event has passed.
Monitoring Made Meaningful – Session 4 of 4
Tuesday, November 23, 2021 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
This is Session 4 of a four-session course.
These sessions explore the monitoring of teaching and learning as part of the implementation process in the quality of education. The effectiveness of monitoring by senior and middle leaders contributes significantly to Ofsted’s view of the curriculum and leadership. In these sessions participants consider:
- the context in which these evaluations are made
- the importance of rigorous, ambitious and coherent lesson planning
- what to look for when visiting a series of lessons
- how to get the most out of discussions with teachers
- identifying what is systemic about your curriculum
- what pupils and their work can tell you about the quality of their experiences.
- How to use assessment in the foundation subjects to measure the outcomes from the units of study that have been taught.
The sessions are led by Nick Butt, who has led over 500 inspections, including under the current framework. They are interactive and spread over several weeks to enable participants to carry out some fieldwork back at school.
We would encourage as many leaders as possible from each school to join, so that they receive the full benefit and can reflect together on the training afterwards.