Maximising Success in Maths for the 21/22 Year 6 Cohort – Session 1 of 2
Monday, November 8, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This two-part online course, led by Maths Associate, Becky Clinton, provides an essential guide to maximising success in mathematics for your Year 6 cohort.
Delegates will look at depth at the KS2 curriculum, identifying the high value areas and consider carefully the long term plan for ensuring curriculum coverage of all areas of maths, reflecting on those areas that have been taught through a blended learning approach over the last two years.
The course is full of ideas, insights and resources to take away and use in the classroom.
Year 6 teachers, especially those new to Year 6.
- To explore the year 6 curriculum, taking into account the whole KS2 curriculum and the impact this can have on the SATs tests.
- Explore what effective intervention can look like in Year 6.
- Investigate the different question types and the skills required to answer these.
- To develop an understanding of the key themes and principles of the maths curriculum.
- To consider ways to develop fluency, reasoning and problem solving to ensure success.
Session 2: Wednesday 1 December 2021, 1.00 – 4.00 pm.
There will be pre-reading and tasks to complete before each session. Recordings of the sessions and resources will be available for your use in school.
This course is for VNET Members only.
The booking confirmation will be sent to the booker only, unless otherwise specified.