- This event has passed.
Maximising Success in English for the 21/22 Year 6 Cohort – Session 1 of 2
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
As a result of a disrupted year of learning, pupils will have missed out on significant building blocks in their learning in both Reading and Writing.
In addition, there is a large and concerning attainment gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils. This gap is estimated to be the equivalent of seven months learning.
In this two-session online course, delegates will explore the statutory requirements for assessing children’s attainment in Reading and Writing and consider strategies for maximising success in both reading and writing.
Led by Emma Adcock, VNET Training and Research Director, this course will thoroughly unpick the requirements of teacher assessment of reading and writing and consider how to incorporate relevant assessment opportunities into teaching.
Year 6 teachers.
- To enhance understanding of assessing reading and writing at the end of KS2
- Explore examples of work considered to be indicative of working at both the expected and the higher standard.
- Explore reading and writing opportunities that are well-placed to provide good evidence to demonstrate pupils’ learning.
- Take away ideas designed to enrich reading and writing in order to motivate young writers.
- A solid understanding of the statutory requirements for assessment in reading and writing at the end of KS2.
- Strategies to support pupils in their progress towards the expected standard.
- Comprehensive and updated links to all relevant statutory documents and signposts to other relevant documents.
Session 2: Wednesday 3 November 2021, 1.00 – 4.00 pm.