Maximising Success in Maths for the 21/22 Year 2 Cohort – Session 1 of 2
Monday, October 18, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This two-part online course, led by Becky Clinton who is a maths associate for VNET as well as a lead KS1 moderator for Norfolk, provides an essential guide to maximising success in mathematics in the end of Key Stage 1 assessments.
Delegates will look at depth at the KS1 curriculum, ensuring understanding, and identifying how the learning objectives link to the teacher assessment frameworks. Time will be given to reflect on those areas that have been taught through a blended learning approach over the last two years, and how to ensure maximum exposure to the curriculum moving forward.
The course is full of ideas, insights and resources to take away and use in the classroom.
Teachers new to Year 2 or those who have not been through the moderation process.
- To explore the Year 2 curriculum, taking into account the whole KS1 curriculum and the impact this can have on the SATs tests.
- Unpick what has been learnt from previous teacher assessment cycles and statutory moderation.
- Explore what effective intervention can look like in Year 2.
- Investigate the different question types and the skills required to answer these.
- Teachers to feel confident in teaching the KS1 maths curriculum.
- Teachers to understand the statutory assessment procedures for KS1 and the purpose of moderation.
Session 2: Monday 29 November 2021, 1.00 – 4.00 pm
Recordings of the sessions and resources will be available for your use in school.
This course is for VNET Members only.
The booking confirmation will be sent to the booker only, unless otherwise specified.