- This event has passed.
Leading the change: Race, identity and school leadership
Thursday, July 13, 2023 @ 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm
Three years have passed since the tragic racist killing of George Floyd and while the initial momentum for change was strong, sadly, this has not been sustained. This webinar is an opportunity to re-ignite the flame and explore how school leaders can be better equipped to sustain anti-racist practices and crucially, maintain progress in predominantly white settings.
The free webinar will be led by Viv Grant, Director of Integrity Coaching. Viv will share key aspects of Integrity Coaching’s flagship programme, Race, Identity and School Leadership (RISL) and how it has transformed the ways in which predominantly white school leaders have addressed such challenges as how to:
- Effectively address and discuss issues of race and racism
- Increase confidence in navigating sensitive conversations about race
- Overcome fear of making mistakes or unintentionally causing harm when discussing race
- Address resistance from staff or community members who may not see the importance of addressing racism
- Create a sustainable school-wide approach to embedding best anti-racist practice
We are keen to explore whether individuals would like to collaborate with colleagues to participate in the RISL programme specifically for Norfolk schools. It will be an opportunity for individuals to ask questions about the RISL programme.
Please join us to find out more…