How to Lead Primary Writing Effectively
Thursday, February 8, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Whether you are new to leading writing in your school or a seasoned subject leader, this course is designed to build your expertise in leading writing in your school.
A writing leader is a champion for the subject and this course will provide you with the knowledge to lead writing effectively. We know that writing has been a challenging area for Norfolk, and we are committed to rising to the challenge of improvement!
Leading writing in a primary school is a vast undertaking, and with the increased emphasis placed on leadership from the Ofsted Inspection, it has become increasingly demanding. In this course, Emma Adcock, VNET’s English Consultant, will explain how writing leaders can evaluate their own leadership, delivering a responsive curriculum that supports individual needs as well as meeting Ofsted expectations. This course will provide English/Writing Leaders with practical guidance to help them develop a clear understanding of how to improve the teaching of writing in their schools. The session will also help you to prioritise key actions, make strategic decisions and ensure maximum impact in your school.
This writing course will support English/Writing Leaders in:
- To learn what questions might be asked about a primary writing curriculum
- To understand which aspects to focus on during lesson visits, book scrutiny exercises and pupil voice
- To know how best to document evidence gained through school monitoring activities and how to use this information to improve pupil outcomes in writing.
- To understand how to monitor the implementation of your school’s writing curriculum effectively.
- To connect with other primary writing leaders
- To leave feeling up-skilled in pertinent aspects of leadership
- Return to school with confidence to coach and lead your team.