Great Teaching in a Knowledge-led Curriculum
Wednesday, February 7, 2024 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bringing a sharp focus to what ‘good teaching’ should look like and what this means in relation to delivering a knowledge led curriculum, this in-person session will be led by VNET Associate and Ex-HMI Maria Curry. It is designed to help senior and middle leaders who are monitoring teaching and learning, working to improve teaching in the classroom and assessing the impact of their curriculum in school.
Audience: Senior and middle leaders
The afternoon will cover:
- Discussions of what we used to mean by good teaching – mostly generic features which are still relevant but not the whole picture
- Common features of good teaching which cross all subjects
- Problems which can arise with a knowledge-led curriculum
- Subject specific approaches – what is different about teaching history versus teaching science for example
- Professional development – who, what and how often
- SLT monitoring to improve the quality of teaching.