Foundations of Good Practice for Teaching Assistants – Summer 2022
Thursday, April 21, 2022 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
One event on Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Monday, June 6, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Please book below – this will sign you up for the entire series. The Zoom link you will receive will be the same for each session. Please note, the price includes two delegates. (Each extra delegate is charged at £50+VAT or 1 credit for members, or £100+VAT for non-members.)
This series is designed to enable Teaching Assistants to support the addressing of gaps in learning in reading, writing and maths which is so critical to helping children get back on track.
- The series consists of 10 sessions.
- The sessions will be delivered monthly via Zoom across the year
- Access to a bank of useful supporting resources will be available for each unit to allow personal learning to turn instantly into professional practice
- Practical and experiential gap tasks will be set and reviewed with the programme tutor and peers, creating a learning network.
- To enable TAs to effectively support learning in both English and Mathematics
- To enable TAs to effectively facilitate the learning of SEND pupils across the curriculum
- To understand how to use questioning and formative assessment strategies to identify gaps and to check that gaps are closing.
- To understand how SEND barriers to learning are manifested and strategies to use when working with SEND pupils to maximise their learning.
- With the support of Teaching Assistants, pupils will become more
proficient in English and Mathematics.
- Through effective support by Teaching Assistants, SEND pupils will be able to self-regulate better and increase their readiness for and focus on learning.
- Intervention sessions provided by Teaching Assistants will be
sharply focused on addressing gaps in learning and will enable
pupils to catch up with their peers.
- Intervention sessions for SEND pupils provided by Teaching Assistants will be effectively targeted at their barriers to learning so that the gaps in learning are closing.
- SEND pupils supported by Teaching Assistants will know more and remember more and achieve more independent working as a result of effectively facilitated learning.
- Monitoring by senior leaders will demonstrate both qualitative and
quantitative improvements from baseline assessments.
TA Series Booking
This booking is for the entire TA series. The Zoom details will be the same for each session.