- This event has passed.
Formative Assessment Strategies for the Classroom
Wednesday, May 3, 2023 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This session delivered by Kate Jones will combine evidence and experience; research and resources for every classroom focusing on formative assessment. There will be a range of practical takeaways for attendees including tips, advice, guidance, ideas and activities with a focus on task and question design.
The key areas will include;
- Clarifying and sharing learning intentions
- Eliciting evidence of learning
- Feedback to move learners forward
- Activating students as learning resources for one another
- Encouraging student independence and reflection.
How to effectively use formative strategies in the classroom to enhance teaching and learning,
Teachers feel confident to effectively embed a range of evidence-informed formative assessment strategies in their classroom.