Fluency Project 21/22 – Cohort 2
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
One event on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 4:00 pm
One event on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
One event on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 1:00 pm
The VNET Fluency Project has helped pupils make an average of 2 years and 3 months progress in just 8 weeks!
The VNET Fluency Project (using the Herts for Learning Fluency materials) aimed to raise the achievement of Year 6 pupils in reading and to support the bottom 20% of readers in Year 7.
The project has certainly achieved this aim and we are delighted that pupils have made an average of 2 years and 3 months progress in reading comprehension over the 8 weeks. In addition to this fantastic outcome, we have also observed the following:
- Increased stamina – able to read more text for a longer period whilst retaining understanding
- Increased accuracy – children make fewer substitutions, omissions, mispronunciations, additions when reading a ‘cold’ text
- Increased enjoyment – pupils read more and are more willing to explore a wider range of literature
- Increased confidence – pupils tackle challenging texts with greater willingness and show improved tenacity in teasing out meaning
- Increased engagement – pupils offer more extended contributions in group discussions about challenging texts.
- Due to the success of the project, we are running a second cohort which will start on February 24th, 2022.
If you are interested in your school taking part in the project please see here for more information: https://vnetcic.com/projects-21-22/fluency-project/
Please note this is a members-only project.