Fixing Capital Letters and Full Stops in Years 3 and 4 – Session 2 of 2
Tuesday, May 17, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This is session 2 of a two-session course.
The National Curriculum for Year 3 and 4 demands that pupils move on swiftly from simple sentence construction to the mastery of sophisticated structures. This can only be achieved if pupils enter the key stage with a strong understanding of what constitutes a sentence.
Many pupils enter KS2 with weak subject knowledge in this area, demonstrated by their inaccurate use of full stops.
Attendees on this two-part course will receive:
- A subject knowledge development session.
- A focused English Plan modelling how techniques designed to improve sentence structure can be incorporated into a unit of work.
- The opportunity to consider how the techniques have worked for their pupils and how they can be adapted further to develop pupils’ skills in this area.
Audience: Teachers, Teaching Assistants
- To gain a better understanding of the expectations regarding sentence structure for Years 3 and 4, and preceding year groups.
- Be equipped with a range of tried and tested techniques for improving pupils’ ability to understand the concept of a sentence and correctly demarcate sentences.
- Improved subject knowledge.
- Improved trajectory towards working at the expected standard in writing for pupils who present issues with sentence demarcation.
Recordings of the sessions and resources will be available for your use in school.
The cost is per person.