- This event has passed.
Fixing Capital Letters and Full Stops in Years 3 and 4
Thursday, March 17, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
One event on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm
The National Curriculum for Year 3 and 4 demands that pupils move on swiftly from simple sentence construction to the mastery of sophisticated structures. This can only be achieved if pupils enter the key stage with a strong understanding of what constitutes a sentence.
Many pupils enter KS2 with weak subject knowledge in this area, demonstrated by their inaccurate use of full stops.
Attendees on this two-part course will receive:
- A subject knowledge development session.
- A focused English Plan modelling how techniques designed to improve sentence structure can be incorporated into a unit of work.
- The opportunity to consider how the techniques have worked for their pupils and how they can be adapted further to develop pupils’ skills in this area.
Audience: Teachers, Teaching Assistants
- To gain a better understanding of the expectations regarding sentence structure for Years 3 and 4, and preceding year groups.
- Be equipped with a range of tried and tested techniques for improving pupils’ ability to understand the concept of a sentence and correctly demarcate sentences.
- Improved subject knowledge.
- Improved trajectory towards working at the expected standard in writing for pupils who present issues with sentence demarcation.
Session 2: Tuesday 17 May 2022, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Recordings of the sessions and resources will be available for your use in school.
The cost is per person.