- This event has passed.
Exploring Unconscious Bias with Orlene Badu
Tuesday, May 3, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This session, led by leadership consultant, Orlene Badu, is aimed at raising awareness of bias and the impact it can have on the outcomes of an organisation. Unconscious bias affects everyone and every system and organisation. The purpose of this session is to realise that unconscious bias does exist and acknowledging the potential risk it brings.
During the training, participants will learn and understand why and how unconscious bias can affect the decisions we make about others and the impact it has.
What you will gain from this session:
- An introduction to what unconscious bias is (and what it isn’t)
- An understanding of how to create greater awareness of our own unconscious biases – and managing them effectively
- Identify how unconscious bias affects your school’s performance
- Understand how all staff can apply bias awareness in their roles
- Reflection on how your own biases may positively support you but can negatively impact others.