An Introduction to Diversifying the Curriculum with Orlene Badu
Monday, May 23, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The curriculum is a vehicle for systemic change in our schools and beyond. The journey of creating a curriculum that ensures every child feels valued, reflected and celebrated is an in-depth journey, to ensure we do it well. It requires a deep understanding how to ensure the right context to support staff in creating a curriculum in which every child has a sense of belonging.
What you will learn on this session:
- How to use your curriculum to develop Anti-Racist Leaders of the Future.
- Begin to identify the gaps that may exist in your current curriculum to support a roadmap to how to ensure diversity across your curriculum.
- Identify the strands that will ensure a diverse curriculum.
- Understand that ‘decolonising’ the curriculum is not the removal of anything.
- Understand how to work within the limitations of our current curriculum to create a curriculum that celebrates the contributions that all communities made to the UK.
- Be clear how to ensure how intersectionality can be evidenced in your curriculum.
This session will be led by Orlene Badu, leadership consultant. Orlene is a curriculum enthusiast and supports school and subject leaders to create a diverse curriculum that inspires and enthuses.
This course is free and for VNET Members only.