Deep Diving Into Early Reading
Thursday, November 25, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This virtual workshop, led by Emma Adcock and Emma Spiers (The Learning Lady), takes you step by step through the Early Reading Deep Dive process, in the role of an inspector!
‘Inspectors must focus on how well pupils are taught to read as a main inspection activity. They will pay particular attention to pupils who are reading below age-related expectations (the lowest 20%) to assess how well the school is teaching phonics and supporting all children to become confident, fluent readers.’ Ofsted School Inspection Handbook 2021
This virtual workshop is crammed full of case studies, video footage and real-life examples to build expertise in a virtual situation. You will be equipped with the tools, techniques and strategies you need to drill down into your own Early Reading and Phonics provision through the eyes of a child in your school.
- All of the resources you need to conduct your own Early Reading Deep Dive SPECTACULARLY WELL
- Time to practise Early Reading Deep Dive activities to build expertise and confidence.
- Discussion of scenarios with colleagues – to moderate judgements
- Practical suggestions for conducting your own highly productive Early Reading Deep Dive
- Q and A opportunities with an expert and former inspector
English Subject Leaders, Early Reading Leaders.
- To develop an understanding of what a reading deep dive includes.
- To practise deep dive activities alongside two experienced English consultants.
- Leaders will be able to confidently lead a reading deep dive in their school.
- Leaders will be provided with take away resources to support the monitoring and evaluation of early reading in their school.
Recordings of the sessions and resources will be available for your use in school.
The booking confirmation will be sent to the booker only, unless otherwise specified.