- This event has passed.
Best Bets for Improving Writing Stamina
Thursday, September 29, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Evidence from the EEF (May 2022) shows that Covid-related disruption has caused learning loss in children.
There is some evidence that the writing outcomes for primary-aged and Year 7 children were lower than expected compared to previous year groups (Christodoulou, 2021, 2022).
One of the common issues is that writing stamina has been heavily impacted.
This course, led by Emma Adcock, Director of Training and Research, will look at the ‘best bets’ that schools can consider in order to boost stamina in writing.
EEF’s School Planning Guided for 2022-2023, recommends that in order for writing stamina to improve, schools need to develop pupils’ handwriting, spelling and sentence construction through extensive practice.
This session will also draw upon the recommendations of the Ofsted English Review (May 2022)
This twilight session will focus on:
- Building firm foundations of writing practice using the Simple View of Writing.
- The relationship between fluency in transcription and writing stamina.
- How to secure fluency in transcription skills.
- Providing delegates with a number of quick wins that can be quickly implemented into classroom.
The course is suitable for primary teachers and English subject leaders.
- To know the best bets for boosting writing stamina.
- To know and understand the relationship between fluency in transcription skills and writing stamina.
This session will be recorded. The recording and resources will be available on our courses platform. After the event you will receive an email with the link.