Best Bets for Improving Reading Stamina
Monday, September 26, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Evidence from the EEF (May 2022) shows that Covid-related disruption has caused learning loss in children.
Two studies reported that partial school closures had a greater impact on primary reading on average (NFER, 2021; RS Assessment, 2021).
One of the common issues is that reading stamina has been heavily impacted.
This course, led by Emma Adcock, Director of Training and Research, will look at the ‘best bets’ that schools can consider in order to boost stamina in reading.
The session will focus on:
- Building firm foundations of reading practice.
- The relationship between automaticity, reading fluency and reading stamina.
- Supporting reading stamina through reading comprehension lessons.
- To know the best strategies for boosting reading stamina.
- To know and understand the relationship between automaticity, fluency and reading stamina.
This course is suitable for primary teachers, English subject leaders.