- This event has passed.
Basic Coaching Course – Become a Qualified Coach
Thursday, November 10, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 9:00 am
One event on Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 9:00 am
Coaching is a powerful tool which can transform your professional conversations, increase motivation and productivity in your team and foster a culture of openness, collaboration and high performance.
The BASIC method of coaching is a powerful way to structure coaching conversations and to develop the clarity you need to coach with confidence. The BASIC method was developed by Andy Buck author of Leadership Matters and is the preferred method of coaching for some of the latest National Professional Qualification providers.
- To understand and practice using a coaching approach
- To understand the continuum between coaching and mentoring
- To gain an understanding of different models used to help structure personal and professional development.
- To become a qualified/certified coach in the ‘BASIC’ coaching method
- To understand how to approach building a coaching culture in your school
- The course is delivered in person over two terms of the academic year
- Five face-to-face sessions (at Norwich Research Park) including a practice coaching conversation
- Gap tasks including online video resources and a reflective journal exercise
- On submission of the reflective journal and a video of a coaching conversation, delegates will be awarded a BASIC Coaching certificate (quality assured by the central BASIC coaching team).