- This event has passed.
What Should Governors Expect from the OFSTED Conversation?
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
During this webinar, led by our Associate, Fyfe Johnston, we will explore how we can improve individual governors’ ability to articulate their schools’ work, beyond the curriculum.
This will include sections focussing on how governors are informed of:
- The schools safeguarding culture (including the response to ‘Everyone’s Invited’ and ‘Me Too’).
- Your school’s contextual standing and articulating this to others (including governors understanding of non-academic comparison data).
- Attendance (including those pupils coming on and off the school roll).
- The support for pupils with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND).
- Raising attainment outcomes for pupils in receipt of the ‘pupil premium’ (PP).
- Staff retention, recruitment and well-being.
- Analysing outcomes and driving school improvement from parent and staff surveys.
- Recording appropriate challenge and driving improvements within governor practice.
The webinar will also look at the data and analysis that governors can expect or prompt their senior leadership for, in order to find out more about their school.
Objectives: To focus on the wider work of the school beyond curriculum and prepare governors for challenging discussions.
Outcomes: To enable governors to articulate and field professional discussions about the wider work of the school.
Please note that your school will be invoiced when you sign up for this course.